Saturday, July 13, 2013

Denied

My credit card got declined today because I was traveling in another state than Mike. I know. I don't like it either. When I called them to say we still love each other and will be back home together in the Pacific Northwest by next week, they settled down and decided to let me use it to make some charges.

Honestly, it's a relief that they watch things so closely. We've had too many problems not to want that. I'm just glad I had a back-up card. Plus, the sad looks on people's faces in line behinds was embarrassing. I went from 'woman who's making a great salad for her family tomorrow' to 'woman who's stolen a credit card' in the blink of a computer screen. 

Denied. 

The weird thing was that I had forgotten that my brother gave me an envelope full of cash from my grandma's estate. I had plenty of money. I could probably go to Hawaii straight from here. Not without Mike though. I can handle it for a visit with relatives, but not for a real vacation. 

So, what would the people's faces have said if I had whipped out a couple of hundreds from an envelope full of money?

Oh hell, they would have called the cops. I'm sure of it.

Thank you for listening, jb

  

No comments:

Post a Comment