Thursday, December 15, 2011

In Between Books

I'm tired.  I don't want to write about how much my old bones hurt after I walked with Teddy today.  I don't want to tell you about how mean boys can be at this age, except to say that Nick is making me proud by sticking by his friend Adrian when Adrian wasn't invited to a big birthday party.  I don't want to tell you about how our little family had a talk about whether it's fair for Teddy that we don't have quite enough time for him.  All of these are the important stories that I should tell you.  All I have is fluff.

Instead, I'm telling you about how I'm busy trying to do the last of my Christmas shopping and it's harder than usual because my extended family has decided for the first time not to exchange gifts.  Oh man.  A few years ago, it was my idea.  Now, I'm the one who doesn't like it.  I had the alternate idea of making gifts, but I'm already not doing so much around here, so even that hasn't gotten done.  The irony is that this whole thing is harder than buying the presents for everyone was.  Go figure.

I'm trying to get all the little gifts together for school, for the teachers, the bus driver, the mailman, FedEx, and UPS folks. Yet, I don't even know what to get for my best friend!  How lame is that? 

So, I'm going to bed early and the only way I can do that is if quit now and take my book to bed.  Even that is a story.  See, I finished a book on tape that I liked this afternoon, 'Nanny Returns' by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus.  It was fluff reading, but it was fun fluff reading.  There's something that happens to me when I finish a fun book and don't have the next one lined up - I end up feeling kind of deflated.  Isn't that ridiculous? 

So, what book should I start now?

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment