Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sliding at Wild Waves

It's a beautiful day at Wild Waves! We played the 'styles' game in the wave pool. That involves letting the wave hit you while you pose, warrior style, ballerina style, soldier style. It's warm in the water, so there's a chill when you get out. Rough life, huh?

We got season tickets early, so we only have to come three times to make it pay for itself, even with Mike's corporate discount. If we'd gotten them in March, it would have been less than half the cost of season passes now. The coupon book will encourage some moms to join us when we tell them we can get someone in for free.

We had never been on the four-man raft ride. Whew! It started down before I was even in and Mike said he almost flew out a couple of times. I was really gripping to stay put. The boys loved it so much we had to go again.

I love the lazy river. Just hang on and float around until you're tired of floating. It's good for the younger kids, but there's still a current, so Adrian made me pretty nervous a couple of years ago when he was eight. He's still not a strong swimmer, so I'm hoping his mom will let me take him to lessons at Mt Si pool in August. Nick can always use a refresher too.

I'm surprised that they haven't gone down the single long tubes. I like the yellow tube. It spins a lot. They are still nervous because they just started going down them late last summer.

So, I asked a kid lifeguard when the toilet bowl was going to open up. He didn't even blink at the name I used. You can imagine what it looks like! I don't know what they're naming it, but Mike hopes it's called 'Flushed.' The kid lifeguard said next week is the date as long as the health inspection goes well. I'm kind of glad to know there's a health inspector. I remember a small tube slide in Indiana that smelled like pee near the top. So even without the mom thing, I would have appreciated a health inspector there. And while they're at it, maybe they can condemn the stairwells to the subway in NYC.

So, I'm off to the wavepool! Then, I'm going to twirl around in the yellow tube. I look forward to being flushed next week. See you at the bottom!

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment