Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The Family Fun Center at Tukwila

This morning, Nick and I drove some friends to the airport. So what then? I had thought we'd go out for breakfast on the way home. We didn't have any other plans and Nick wasn't hungry, so we decided to stop at the Family Fun Center. I knew that it would cost me, but Adrian was out of town and we needed to keep things interesting.

The coolest thing is that Nick is finally tall enough to drive a go-cart by himself. Okay, so it's cool for him and a little scary for me. In just four years, he'll be getting his learners permit. For his first run, he wanted me with him. I managed to take video with my camera just before and just after, but not during. I wanted to be able to see his face. He was grinning the whole time. The cool thing is that he's not reckless!

The second time he went, he wanted to go alone. He was still going around pretty carefully, though he said he scraped the wall once. At least I managed to video him that time, minus the part where he scraped. I missed that part.

After he had gotten his fill of his new driving freedom, Nick wanted to try these things that looked like sling shots on trampolines. Cool! So, Nick took a turn jumping while I called to him to try a flip. Then we both got on. I jumped as high as the roof of a second story building, but I never found the courage to flip. Well, okay, it was harder than it looked.

Then, Nick decimated the rest of our budget for the day by collecting tickets from games of chance and skee ball. I liked the skee ball. When we were done, Nick had enough tickets for a handful of mini ninjas and a swirly lollipop. The kids always like collecting those tickets, but I cringe to think of what the candy and a few toys the size of plastic army men actually cost me.

The best part about the day was leaping a small building in a single bound, with Nick. 

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment