Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Bithday Party at Beaver Lake

Everyone is asleep. Seth just jumped onto the couch and just stood there until I put his blanket next to me. He's a funny cat but he knows how to ask for what he wants.

It was a beautiful sunny day here. I think it was in the low seventies with almost no humidity. Nick had been invited to a birthday party that Adrian hadn't been invited to. Since Adrian was over at the house for three hours, I figured he wouldn't mind running home just before we left. He kind of did. But then, his godmother asked if I could take him to the grocery store with me and to Tully's while she ran some errands. I didn't mind. Adrian likes Tully's because I always get him a foamy sweet drink smothered in whipped cream. During the school year, it's a great place to take the boys to do homework. Research says that if you vary where you study, you absorb more.

But here's the kind of day it was - we got to the party, held in a beautiful stone and wood pavilion at Beaver Lake in Sammamish and the boys took one look at Nick and Adrian and said "come on, want to be on my team?" I would have liked having Adrian with me at the coffee shop, but I spared him the grocery store which took longer than I thought, because I forgot my list. Then, I sat happily in the parking lot listening to my audio book, 'Raven's Gate.' I was almost to the end and I just had to know how it went.

When I got back to the park, the boys were happy and dirty and had eaten all kinds of junk. I missed watching them play and sitting by the lake, but I have all summer and the days are only getting warmer.

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment