Monday, April 30, 2012

Advocating For Your Child

Oh, I hate when I've been doing battle and I have the same old stuff to tell you.  I've been fighting with the staff at Nick's school again.

I'll just tell you that the people at that school are going to have a fatality on their hands someday soon.  Some kid who's allergic is going to fall down dead because of what they're not willing to do and I'm telling you right now that is not going to be my child.  They might not like me very much right now, but that's just too damn bad.  I read a saying that went,"Other people's opinion of you is none of your business."  That helps.  What's hard is when they don't hide their scorn.  There you go.  I told you. 

I'm exhausted from this battle, but I won't back down.  There is no way for me to back off that is safe for my son, so I won't back down.

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment