Saturday, March 17, 2012

Too Much Information

I was green for St. Patrick's Day, from a stomach flu. Everything about last night is TMI, too much information. I wish that phrase existed forty-six years ago when my grandma held out the pill bottle containing her gall stones and told me the story of her surgery, scar included, for at least the tenth time.

I promise I won't tell you any gory details. I'm just now beginning to feel better. I had tea, jello, and Gatorade tonight. The whole family ate jello. I really like squishing it between my teeth.

Here's another thing about being sick- weird movies take on a hallucinatory effect. I don't really like that. The movie was 'Due Date.' Now all those ridiculous scenes are swirling around in my head, along with a lot of movie TMI. There was a little crossover. When your abs are sore from being sick, you don't exactly want to see anyone puking on television.

Sorry.

The problem is that I didn't do anything else today. I didn't read. I didn't walk the dog or go to that quilt show I wanted to see. We didn't go to dinner with our friends. She was going to serve enchiladas. That would not have been pretty.

The problem with dinner is that these are new friends and we've had to cancel twice now. Nick was sick last time. Do they think we're avoiding them?

I have the same problem with the music I was supposed to play at church tomorrow. Do you think they believed the message that I left?

There isn't much I can do about it, now is there?

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment