Sunday, January 22, 2012

Powerless

This is our third night without power since the ice storm. We lost twelve or thirteen trees in our yard and many other large branches. Thankfully, none of them landed on our house, garage, or cars. How lucky is that? We finally have phone service, but I have to keep this short as my phone is dying and I can't charge it until I get into the truck tomorrow.

We're camping in our house. We have a fire in the wood stove, food in coolers, water in the cistern on the neighbors property, a grill, candles burning, and showers facilities at neighbors houses who have power restored.

We're doing okay, but I'm tired. We'll have so much work to do with the trees, but right now, we're busy hauling firewood, keeping the fire going, cooking in a different way, and bringing in water. Somehow, we walked the puppy today, bought some new snow boots, and found unscented candles. We're doing okay. Nick says we could live like this all of the time, but I know we'll all be glad to have power when it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment