Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Getting Ready

I'm too tired for anything serious today.  I stayed up until midnight last night thinking that I'd get a chance to get more sleep this morning before I went to volunteer for Coop's class.  I'm running on less than six hours of sleep.  It's not good. I can't form my words correctly.  I have a coffee in front of me. That will help, but it's still too hot to drink.  Bleah! It's way too sweet.

My boy usually goes to catch the bus at 7:49 am. At 7:45, I tell him it's time to put on his shoes at which time, he'll usually scarf down his breakfast and run in to take his medicine and brush his teeth. My husband, in the meantime is singing the annoying 'you're going to miss the bus' song. He thinks that helps. At 7:40, I tell my boy it's time to brush his teeth and take his medicine. Then, he'll casually leave our bedroom where he's hanging out with my husband and go find some clothes. My husband will be whistling some song that will get stuck in my head all day and throwing pillows at my boy. At 7:35, I tell my boy that there are fifteen minutes until the bus comes and he needs to get dressed. He's usually watching Sponge Bob on television with a blank look on his face. My husband is watching Sponge Bob on television with a blank look on his face.  At 7:05, after I've got breakfast ready, I go to wake up my boy who has his face buried in a pillow.  "You need to take a shower, hon.  Try to get in there before your dad so you can use all the hot water," I tell him. My husband is often asleep on the couch and I have to try to make breakfast, lunch, and a snack without turning on any lights or making any noise. He knows he has to get up at 7:30am when I drag out my Magic Bullet to make my protein fiber smoothie. I love my Magic Bullet.

So, this morning, at 7:43, my boy told me he needs to get camouflage pants for his Colin Powell speech today.  He has worked very hard on this project and I've learned a lot about Colin Powell.  I like Colin Powell.  The weapons of mass destruction problem was a problem, but I'd still vote for him if he ran for President.  Everyone makes mistakes, especially those who serve our country for more than thirty-five years.  But what I didn't know was that my boy was going to be dressed as Colin Powell today. "And mom, I need stars for my shoulders. Can I bring my army helmet to school? You need to come before 9:00 so that you can watch my speech," my boy says to me during a pause in the pillow fight.  "What?" I said to him.

Welcome to my morning and thanks for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment