Monday, February 27, 2012

Don't Eat the Bark

The results are in:  Teddy did not swallow a cat toy.  Last Friday, when he went to doggie daycare, he proceeded to eat too much bark and this (surprise, surprise) made him seriously sick all night and well into the next day.  Now it is Monday and it has finally begun to move through his system, and he's almost better now.  Almost.

So the question is whether or not I can afford to bring him back to the same place.  This time, it cost $523 at the veterinarian's office plus the original $20 to board Teddy for the day.  That is a good question, isn't it?  The owner returned my calls quickly when I called to say he'd gotten sick.  She was concerned about what happened, but essentially said that they watch too many dogs to monitor whether my puppy is eating bark.  Hmmm. 

I think I'm going to stick with the other local place.  It's a dump, but Teddy was happy there and they didn't board as many dogs.  Maybe they keep track of what the dogs are doing more carefully.  Maybe they don't, but they use gravel instead of bark and Teddy doesn't have a fixation on eating gravel.  It's also a better rate for the day.

Oh, I hate stuff like this.  I wanted to like the big fancy place.  I really did.  I wanted to sign Teddy up for classes there too.  They offere agility classes.  I wanted to have a fun place to bring him when we were going somewhere all day in the summer and Teddy couldn't go with us.  Museums and magic shops are really boring for dogs.  I wanted them to know him when he trotted in wagging his beautiful tail.

You'll notice that I'm not naming names.  I don't want to write a review of these places right here.  I suppose I could write it on one of those online feedback websites, but I'm really not out to damage anyone's reputation.

I'm starting to get loopy.  Better say good night!

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment