Saturday, April 2, 2011

Chocolate cake and Romaine

I was up until 3am with my sick boy, fell asleep while he watched TV, got up to get him food at 5am, and fell back to sleep until my husband wandered in after 81/2 hours of sleep at 8:30 am.  Then, I vowed that I'd sleep for eight hours.

Oh, damn, this is whiny!

I couldn't sleep.  I need to sleep!  Why can't I sleep?

Whiny!

My husband, under the guise of being helpful, went out to get away from the two sleep deprived crabbies at home.  And I think he wanted cake.  See, we don't keep cake in the house. It's my fault because I went all almost-diabetic a few years ago.  I tried clearing out the whole pantry of things that hurt me, but he revolted and now I have to negotiate through the Frito's, chocolate-covered pretzels, pizza, homemade pumpkin muffins, and yes, sometimes cake, to get to my romaine lettuce.  And we're out of romaine lettuce. 

I tried buying those multi-packs of romaine at Costco.  That way I'd have my requisite head a day.  Do I sound like a zombie, eating a head a day?  Well, I will be if I eat any more pizza this week.  So I bought the seven-pack of romaine and started eating it as soon as I got home.  Now, Costco has some amazing fruit.  Strawberries and raspberries out of season. Peaches and pears in season that drip down your chin in their lusciousness.  But believe me, they should not be known for their multi-packs of romaine lettuce!  That first day, my requisite head was wilted and had that sour smell that lettuce gets just moments before it liquefies in your vegetable drawer.  So I am reduced to receiving a single head of lettuce whenever anyone goes out to get away from us crabby people just to buy chocolate cake.

Whiny!

Thanks for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment