Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Leaning Slightly Away

Blitz has giardia.

Great, just flaming great.

The creatures are going to board there on vacation in a week and all of them needed some kind of vaccine or test in order to be let in. Blitz only needed a fecal test. I didn't even manage to get a fecal test for Seth yet.

On Sunday night and Monday morning, I cleaned litter boxes five times just to get one clean sample of poop, put into a plastic container and bagged in Ziploc for extra safety. Five times in twelve hours. Five.

So you can see why, when they couldn't get a sample on Seth at the vet's office, I procrastinated the five-times litter box cleaning.

I got the message about giardia last night, too late to call back. So, I looked it up on the CDC website. It's only a small chance that a person can catch giardia from a cat. Small, not nil.

My stomach began to bloat immediately.

"Mike, do you think I have giardia?"

"Probably not."

"But it says here at the CDC that the chances are small, not nothing."

"You probably don't have giardia."

"I bet I've got giardia. Parasites, little creatures swimming around in my stomach, eating my food."

"Have you lost any weight?" he asked looking away from the television at me.

"No, but I just started being lactose intolerant just a few weeks ago."

"You probably don't have giardia."

"But what if I do? Blitz sleeps on me. He rolls in cat litter and comes into bed with me. There are little bits of cat litter on my side of the bed."

"Did you get any cat litter in your mouth?" 

"Ew, no."

And with that, Mike went back to watching his movie. He'd already seen the movie, something with Matt Damon in it. My stomach turned over in my gut. I scooched a little closer to him on the couch for comfort. It might have been my imagination, but it seemed like he leaned away from me, just a tiny bit.

Thank you for listening, jb

2 comments:

  1. I had a cat that had it once and oh dear lord did his gas stink. None of us got it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good. My cats are clear now, but I'll have to wait a few days for my results to come in.

      Delete