Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Losing Light

I'm just now beginning to feel more cheerful so I can come here to be chatty.

I'm typing with a cat, Seth, standing on my lap and watching the mouse. I'm a touch typist, and when I type too long, he looks at the mouse and then at my face so I'll go back to making that little arrow fly around in circles and sneak off the screen.

Blitz is at my feet. I like to take a slipper off and reach out with my foot and wiggle my toes in his belly fur again. The only thing is that this is his nap time and if I disturb him too much, he'll get up and leave. When he was settling in, I did it a couple of times and he put his paw on top of my foot.

Was he trying to tell me to leave his belly fur alone so he could sleep?

Or was he snuggling up with my smelly love-foot teddy bear? Did I ever tell you that he holds my hand sometimes at night?

I'm not sure which since he didn't use claws.  I should put a cat bed there where he can snuggle up, but I'm leery of buying any more cat beds since the last one was such an epic fail.

It still sits on the bottom shelf of the end table, forlorn. I still wish I could crawl into it and cocoon with a book. Doesn't that sound nice?

No, it's raining out again, and I have to take Teddy for a run in the mud with his friends before going over to a friend's house. I should really get going. It's getting late.

It's 1:35 and already we're beginning to lose light.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest.

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment