Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Catching Up on Meditating

6:58 am

Discontents.
Stuff I need to do.
The yard, the house, dust
vacuuming,
to be silent.
Why do I start off talking? Why?
I need to be silent.
Cobwebs, dead-letter blogs, weeds,
the repair of the garage roof.
Why am I itchy?
The dog needs a walk.
I need a walk.
Piles I need to sort.
Piles, books, junk mail,
fliers I thought were important,
old lists of stuff to do.
Rummage to collect.
Hunger.
Where is the good in hunger
and lists
and procrastination?

8:14am

The pattern of light
through my eyelids,
footprints squeaking floor boards,
a lull in traffic noise
reminds me that it's Saturday,
sleeping in for all those people
not on the roads,
one eye open
to a photo of us in the Bahamas,
gleaming eyes,
my boy with hair grown,
grinning.
I will have time to sew
and sit on the deck with a book,
and coffee
feeling cool air
touch through my shirt
across my shoulders,
a fresh awakening.

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment