Monday, September 9, 2013

This Is the Deneuralizer

Oh, I don't think I'm going to get anything written tonight.

I already took my melatonin and I'm going down. I can feel it, a heavy spot at the bottom of my gut. My arms are a little heavy too, as if I suddenly got those grandma add-ons on my upper arms that wave when grandma waves. You know what I mean, don't you?

I should really go to bed now. Maybe I'll actually sleep for seven hours.

Fat chance.

I usually only sleep five hours a night. And then people wonder why my mornings aren't available.

I'm sleeping, that's what I'm doing! What would you do if you only got four to five hours of sleep a night and it got quiet right after everyone left for work and school? You'd sleep too. I know you would. If you didn't, you'd end up 'either getting used to it or having a psychotic episode.'

What's the movie?

Did you guess? Did you?

Men in Black. I love that movie. Only Seinfeld, Ferris Beuller, and Firefly have better and more repeatable lines.

This is the deneuralizer.

This is the denerualizer.

Class, class, pay attention!

Okay, I'm really going down. I don't like drugs, but if I did, this melatonin shit would be like having a few drinks. It might be like marijuana, but I can't remember how that felt. Isn't that pathetic? I never once got high when I was in college without having a few drinks first, so I have no clue what it really feels like. I just remember being a little tipsy and being nervous that I was going to get caught by the RA. Relaxed and paranoid. I heard that part was true. I don't even remember getting the munchies.

I hope that doesn't make me lame. I'd hate to be lame.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Thank you for listening, jb

No comments:

Post a Comment